Tuesday, December 20, 2011

We're Moved In!

Just in time for Christmas, Jeff and I are moved into the new house.  The move was quite grueling, but I had the help of family and friends.  At one point during the move Jeff, Tom, Scott, and Chris were moving my dresser.  The door on the front sprung open and all of my bras came flying out all over the lawn in a lingerie trail.  That was pretty funny.

It feels so good to be living in our own home.  It feels good to own something again and be able to say, "This is ours."  If we want to paint the walls, we can.  We don't have to ask anyone.  I have the kitchen all set up now.  Today I even baked Christmas cookies:


There is so much that I love about this house!  It's so quiet here.  I have never in my life had more restorative sleep than I have had here.  I am in love with the new appliances--I can't even hear the dishwasher.  Jeff knows how much I hate extraneous noise, so he researched to find the quietest and most efficient machines and I couldn't be happier.  And I love, I mean LOVE my new kitchen.  Everything I need is right at my fingertips.  We still have to complete the backsplash, but it looks and functions amazing.

It's been a long, long road, but I am so glad it has led us here.  I just know we're going to have a happy life in these 4 walls--so much more than I ever imagined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment