Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Still Moving...

I woke up today feeling achy all over and very defeated.  I really wanted to wake up in our new home today, and not to wake up with boxes blocking every walkway and no phone service.  I took some ibuprofen and washed it down with a little determination and we got more finished.

Unfortunately, Jeff has to pay a $50 charge to the moving truck company because he lost the keys.  They had to re-key the lock.  Jeff discovered that the keys were in his pocket the entire time.  Moving makes scrambled eggs of your brain apparently.

We did move some boxes over to the house and I cleaned the inside of the cabinetry of any remaining construction dust.  I managed to unpack the spices and spice holder and organized the spices where they go.  And in alphabetical order, too, which was my little act of defiance against chaos while championing order.  It felt good:-)  At least I have 2 feet of organized space in the new place.  It's something, right? 



I love having a huge drawer just for my seasonings!  While I was in my domain, Jeff spent some time organizing the Fios wiring in the living room (which is still unpainted and unfinished). 


Tomorrow the contractors will be installing the ceiling medallion and doing any touch ups.  I'm going to finish stringing crystals on the living room light:


Later, I was trying to make Jeff's lunch for work.  With most of the food already moved into the other place, I had little to work with.  I made him a jelly sandwich since peanut butter was nowhere to be found.  Then was the dilemma--what do I put these sandwiches in?  The reusable green containers we usually use were packed in some box in the great cardboard abyss of boxes.  I managed to find some wax paper and then sealed it with the only thing I could find--duct tape, which I cut with a kitchen knife because the scissors are missing:


LOL.  You gotta have a sense of humor while moving.  Even as I chuckle, though, I am resolving never to move again.  Ever.  With all the blood, sweat, and tears we've put into this home, it's going to be so lovely one day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment