Thursday, December 29, 2011

Moved In:-)

We had to take a break from setting up house for the holidays, but we're back in action today for a bit.  We have finally moved all of our things out of the rental, and we gave it a good cleaning.  Jeff decided it would be nice to shampoo the carpet there before we left--but the shampoo machine malfunctioned.  Fixing that took the entire day:-(  But I'm glad Jeff is smart enough to fix things.

It feels good to be done with that chapter of our lives so we can truly focus on the new life ahead of us in our new home.  We still haven't hooked up our TV yet or set up the living room.  We decorated just a bit for Christmas, and I baked cookies (which Jeff ate as quickly as I could bake!).


 


I was hoping to get a tree up and trimmed, but there were just too many boxes waiting to be unpacked.  Jeff discovered an evergreen volunteer in one of my flower pots--a tiny 1 1'4" tree.  It's so cute!  On Christmas eve I decorated it with tiny stars.  Jeff thought that was so funny:-) 



We managed to get the downstairs hallway clear of boxes. 




And I got to organize my lazy suzan full of dry goods.  I love the pretty basket that I use to store potatoes.  I managed to find one that fits.

This week we are focusing on getting the living room set up and making the space for the bunnies to run around.  They still aren't used to the new house yet, and we have a bit of bunnyproofing to do.



I put a few personal touches up in the kitchen--some of my favorite photographs.  My violets are on the sill now soaking up that great Southern light.  Unfortunately the one that was planted in the pot that read "Dream" has died:-( 


As we were placing the new china cabinet, we discovered that the glass shelving that was to be delivered with it never arrived.  Jeff took care of it:-)  They are sending us the shelving and even sending someone out to hook up the lighting for us.  I am so glad we didn't have any problems with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment